If you ever had the opportunity to watch any of these TV shows in Africa, you would agree with us that these 5 shows we selected at some point got us addicted to our TV Screens. There is no doubt that the Biggest show in Africa this year was the 2012 Season of Big Brother Africa Stargame “a reality TV game show” – With so much work done behind the scenes from the producers and brands, we just had to do a compilation of the 5 Best TV Shows of 2012 (in no particular order). These are the shows that rocked our world this year. Did we miss any guys?
5. Studio 53 Extra is an amazing and exciting African entertainment show that showcases the hottest gossips, fashion exclusives and entertainment news from the African continent and abroad. The show is anchored by two sexy, bold and stylish women Eku Edewor and Marcy Dolapo Oni.
4. Mashariki Mix is a lifestyle series that features some of the best places to eat, shop and eventsin the East African Region. The show also features fashion stories, music artists, behind the scenes atevents, culinary recipes from professional chefs and so much more. The best way to connect withEast Africa is definitely through Mashariki Mix. Hosted by the dashing Kenyan Big Brother Africa contestant Nic Wang’ondu and Sarah Hasaan
3. Big Brother Africa is a TV reality game show produced by Endemol. The show randomnly selects housemates from various countries all across Africa and puts all of them in 1 house for 90days. This is undoubtedly the biggest TV program in Africa every year, watched by millions daily and with cash prizes going to the winner ” this season’s cash prize was raised to US$ 300,000 from $200,000. Hosted by the Charming Ikponmwosa “IK” Osakioduwa
2. M-Net’s hit TV Drama Series Tinsel is a thought-provoking daily soap-opera filled with an awesome cast of actors and actresses, romance, passion, and intrigue. The show features some of the best Nigerian talents in the movie industry; stars like Victor Olaotan, Iretiola Doyle, Gideon Okeke, Christopher Attoh, Gbenro Ajibade, Damilola Adegbite, Uzo Egereonu, Matilda Obaseki and a host of other celebrity appearances from the likes of Richard Mofe Damijo, Uti Nwachukwu and many more are what keeps us coming back for more with Tinsel.
1. iNkaba is a South African television series created by John Kani and produced by Urban Brew Studios. The TV series is a story filled with depth, exploring South Africa’s social heritage that includes the very rich and powerful, the upwardly striving middle-class and the struggling poor. The show features some established and upcoming African acts like John Kani, Nakedi Ribane, Dumisani Mbebe, Matshepo Maleme, Ernest Ndlovu, Nompilo Gwala, Samkelo Ndlovu, Richard Lukunku, Jason Greer, Charmaine Mtinta, Magic Hlatshwayo, Lumko Leqela, and Weza Solange
2012 has been an amazing year for each one of these brands, the cast, and the production team. The 2013 series of each of these programs is a must-see!!!